So I am back with yet another review. Today I am going to review my favorite primer of all time Elf Essential Eyelid Primer. I have been using it for two years now in the shade Sheer. One tube lasted me an entire year. I have used high end products such as UD primer potion, Benefit stay don’t stray primer and while these primers were awesome, the price was an issue.
I did not want to splurge so much on an eye primer when I could spend it on a nice lipstick or something. So I stumbled upon this primer. It only cost me like $1.99.
I am so amazed by this product. It’s 1/4th the price of what I paid for my previous primers and yet it does the same job. It keeps my eyeshadow put for 12 hrs. I don’t keep my makeup on longer than that so I can’t say if it works for more than 12 hrs. The best part is ELF is cruelty-free.
Now this primer is a multi-tasker. First, I have some lines under my eyes so I apply a little bit under my eyes before I apply foundation or concealer. Second, I apply eye liner on my water line and I always had an issue of my eyeliner smudging and settling on my fine lines, so I bring it slightly above my undereye area just to keep my eyeliner intact.
ELF’s description of the product :
- Preps your eyelids for smoother, longer-lasting, crease-proof
- The ultra sheer color works to increase eye color longevity
Directions: Apply a thin coat to the eyelid and blend in. Allow formula to dry before applying eyeshadow.
Safe gentle formula
If you look at the pictures above properly you can see that the primer leaves a somewhat whitish cast when blended so it’s not completely clear. The texture is quite creamy so it’s easier to blend in.
- Very Affordable
- Easy to blend
- Long Lasting
- Multi-tasker (keeps your eyeliner from smudging,increase longevity of your liner and prevents foundation and concealer from creasing in your under eye area)
- Makes your eyeshadow more vibrant and makes them pop.
- Hygienic Packaging (Classic doe-foot applicator tube)
- Makes eyelids nice and smooth
- Evens out eyeshadow color
- No irritating fragrance
- Not enough coverage
- Product sets in real quick, so you have to rush through blending
So that is it, you guys. I recommend this product if you’re in search for a cheap eye primer.
Have you tried it yet?